Thus和so的区别

来源:学生作业帮助网 编辑:作业帮 时间:2024/04/29 03:23:57
Thus和so的区别

Thus和so的区别
Thus和so的区别

Thus和so的区别
列出几个句子你就明白了:
thus
adverb
in this way; like this 以此方式;如此;这样 formal
Many scholars have argued thus. 许多学者都这样论证过.
The universities have expanded, thus allowing many more people the chance of higher education. 大学扩招了,这样就使更多人能有机会接受高等教育.
as a result of sth just mentioned 因此;从而;所以 formal
He is the eldest son and thus heir to the title. 他是长子,因此是这个封号的继承人.
We do not own the building. Thus, it would be impossible for us to make any major changes to it. 我们不是这栋楼房的房主,因此不能对它进行大改动.
so /səʊ/

adverb
to such a great degree (表示程度)这么,这样,那么,那样,如此 ~ … (that)… ~ … as to do sth
Don't look so angry. 别那样怒气冲冲的.
There's no need to worry so. 没必要这样着急.
She spoke so quietly (that) I could hardly hear her. 她说话轻得我几乎听不见.
I'm not so stupid as to believe that. 我还不至于傻得连那样的话都相信.
Would you be so kind as to lock the door when you leave? 请您出来时把门锁上好吗? especially British English formal
very; extremely 很;极 especially spoken
The girls looked so pretty in their summer dresses. 姑娘们穿上夏天的连衣裙看着漂亮极了.
I'm so glad to see you. 见到你真高兴.
We have so much to do. 我们有很多事要做.
Their attitude is so very English. 他们的态度是十足的英国人的态度.
The article was just so much(= nothing but)nonsense. 那篇文章纯粹是胡说八道.
He sat there ever so quietly. 他静悄悄地坐在那儿. British English
I do love it so. 我实在是太喜欢它了. British English
not to the same degree not ~ … (as…)
I haven't enjoyed myself so much for a long time. 我好长时间没有这么快活了.
It wasn't so good as last time. 这次不如上次好.
It's not so easy as you'd think. 不像你想的那么容易.
He was not so quick a learner as his brother. 他学东西不像他哥哥那么快.
It's not so much a hobby as a career(= more like a career than a hobby). 这与其说是消遣,不如说是职业.
Off she went without so much as(= without even)a ‘goodbye’. 她连声“再见”都没说就走了. disapproving
used to show the size, amount or number of sth (表示大小或数量)这么,那么 spoken
The fish was about so big(= said when using your hands to show the size). 那条鱼差不多有这么长.
There are only so many(= only a limited number of)hours in a day. 一天不过这么几个小时.
used to refer back to sth that has already been mentioned (指刚说过的事物)这样,如此
‘Is he coming?’ ‘I hope so.’ “他来吗?”“我希望他来.”
‘Did they mind?’ ‘I don't think so.’ “他们有没有介意?”“我想没有.”
If she notices, she never says so. 就算她留意到,她也从来不说.
I might be away next week.If so, I won't be able to see you. 下星期我可能外出.要是那样,我就见不到你了.
We are very busy—so much so that we won't be able to take time off this year. 我们很忙 忙得今年都没时间休假了.
Programs are expensive, and even more so if you have to keep altering them. 买软件很贵,要是老得更换,那就更贵了.
I hear that you're a writer—is that so(= is that true)? 听说你是作家 是吗?
He thinks I dislike him but that just isn't so. 他以为我讨厌他,其实不是那么回事.
George is going to help me, or so he says(= that is what he says). 乔治会帮我 他是这么说的.
They asked me to call them and I did so(= I called). 他们要我叫他们,于是我就叫了.
also 也
Times have changed and so have I. 时代变了,我也变了.
‘I prefer the first version.’ ‘So do we.’ “我喜欢第一稿.”“我们也是.”
used to agree that sth is true, especially when you are surprised (尤指感到惊讶时表示同意)的确如此 spoken
‘You were there, too.’ ‘So I was—I'd forgotten.’ “当时你也在那儿.”“是啊 我给忘了.”
‘There's another one.’ ‘So there is.’ “还有一个.”“可不是吗.”
used, especially by children, to say that what sb says is not the case and the opposite is true (儿童常用以反驳对方)偏偏,就 spoken
‘You're not telling the truth, are you?’ ‘I am, so!’ “你说的不是实话,对不对?”“就是实话,就是!”
used when you are showing sb how to do sth or telling them how sth happened (演示或描述事由)这样
Stand with your arms, so. 两臂伸开站着 这样. spoken
So it was that he finally returned home. 就这样,他终于回到了家. literary
Idiom: and so forth; and so on (and so forth)
used at the end of a list to show that it continues in the same way …等等
We discussed everything—when to go, what to see and so on. 我们什么都商量过了 什么时候走、看什么等等.
Idiom: … or so
used after a number, an amount, etc. to show that it is not exact …左右;…上下
There were twenty or so(= about twenty)people there. 那儿有差不多二十个人.
We stayed for an hour or so. 我们待了一个小时左右.
Idiom: so as to do sth
with the intention of doing sth 为了做某事;以便做某事
We went early so as to get good seats. 为了占到好座位,我们早早就去了.
Idiom: so be it formal
used to show that you accept sth and will not try to change it or cannot change it (表示完全接受)就那样好了
If he doesn't want to be involved, then so be it. 要是他不想参与,那就随他的便好了.
Idiom: so much for sth
used to show that you have finished talking about sth (表示就某事讲完了)关于…就讲这么多,…到此为止
So much for the situation in Germany. Now we turn our attention to France. 德国的形势就讲到这里.现在我们来看看法国的情况.
used to suggest that sth has not been successful or useful (表示行不通或没用)作罢好了,快别提了 informal
So much for that idea! 快别提那个主意了!
Idiom: so… that formal
in such a way that 这样…为的是;如此…以至
The programme has been so organized that none of the talks overlap. 日程做了精心安排,以使每一讲都没有重复内容.
conjunction
used to show the reason for sth (表示因果关系)因此,所以
It was still painful so I went to see a doctor. 那地方还疼,因此我去看了医生.
used to show the result of sth (引出结果)因此,所以 ~ (that…)
Nothing more was heard from him so that we began to wonder if he was dead. 此后再没收到他的消息,于是我们开始怀疑他是不是死了.
used to show the purpose of sth (表示目的)为了,以便 ~ (that…)
But I gave you a map so you wouldn't get lost! 但我怕你迷路,给过你一张地图!
She worked hard so that everything would be ready in time. 她努力工作,为的是及时做好各项准备.
used to introduce the next part of a story (引出下文)
So after shouting and screaming for an hour she walked out in tears. 就这样,又嚷又叫了一个小时后,她流着泪走了出来.
used to show that you think sth is not important, especially after sb has criticized you for it (认为某事无关紧要,尤用于反驳他人的指责时) spoken
So I had a couple of drinks on the way home. What's wrong with that? 我不过是在回家的路上喝了两杯.这怎么啦?
‘You've been smoking again.’ ‘So?’ “你近来又抽烟了.”“抽又怎么啦?”
used to introduce a comment or a question (引出评论或问题) spoken
So, let's see. What do we need to take? 那么,大家想想,我们需要带什么?
So, what have you been doing today? 那你今天都干什么了?
used when you are making a final statement (引出结束语) spoken
So, that's it for today. 好,今天就讲到这里.
used in questions to refer to sth that has just been said (在问句中代指刚谈论的事) spoken
So there's nothing we can do about it? 这么说,我们就一点办法没有了?
‘I've just got back from a trip to Rome.’ ‘So, how was it?’ “我去了一趟罗马,刚回来.”“是吗?怎么样?”
used when stating that two events, situations, etc. are similar (指出两种情况等相类似)
Just as large companies are having to cut back,so small businesses are being forced to close.
thus and so ————如此这般
thus and thus ————如此这般